Month 7, Day 135 and 136 - 36-month forex trading challenge - new strategy.

It's been a very interesting couple of days in the forex market and not for good reason. Rising tension between Iran and the USA sent bids into JPY and CAD at the end of last week, and offers into AUD and NZD.

JPY is regarded as a safe haven in times of trouble, and concerns over a possible reduction in the supply of oil benefited CAD.

Today (Monday), while the tension remains, bids are back in AUD and NZD possibly on the back of a Chinese trade delegation scheduled to visit Washington on 13 January to agree phase one of a trade deal.

It's a real mixed bag, which makes trading on the news very difficult indeed. This is one of the reasons I don't trade the news. Instead, I observe price action, as at the end of the day, price is the only truth. The consensus of opinion from all of the participants all over the world are processed to arrive at one price.

On the 10am close I entered a long position in AUDJPY (T29L) using a new strategy I'm calling BACKBONE.
Price has traded down to the 200 SMA on the 240 chart above, which corresponds to the rising daily trend line. Price rejected the 200 SMA on an S candle signal, and a buy signal was also in place from my MAG. 7 signal (AUDUSD is bullish and USDJPY is bullish, which means a bullish consensus for AUDJPY).

[Note, there are two entry lines on the chart, as I made a mistake calculating risk and entered too small a position. I corrected this by adding a second position to bring my risk on the trade to 2% of opening capital.]

What's also interesting is the situation on the daily chart (see below).
Bids at the daily 200 SMA are in place and the 50 SMA is crossing above the 200 SMA. All in all, this looks to be a high-probability place to buy, and I'm in.

If I listened only to the news I might have been tempted to pass on this trade. JPY as a safe haven could still prove popular with traders, which could have generated a bias to the short side. As I said above, price is the only truth and I've entered a long position (T29L). If things go against me I can always get out, but for the moment this trade is in profit.

It's been a busy morning and I'm also short on USDCHF (T74S).
A YX signal showed up on the 240 chart and with all SMA signals (weekly, daily and 240) pointing south, and with IG sentiment showing that over 70% of retail traders are long, this added further motivation to my entry signal to get short.

This trade is not yet in profit, but I have my exit rules to follow if things don't begin to go my way soon.

It would be nice to get a good start to the year. I'm still very motivated and looking forward to all of the trading opportunities 2020 will present.

*********

Is it really possible to turn £50K into £1M? Over the next 36 months I'm going to find out by trading my personal account with full transparency.
Follow my 36-month challenge to turn £50K into £1M.
Read my blog here: https://stgforextvforexchallenge.blogspot.com
Subscribe on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGySJ5IeDjq-DIJPU7nYvw

[Please note, the information presented is general educational material and does not constitute trading advice.
Trading foreign exchange (forex) on margin carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for you or your circumstances.
Before trading forex you should investigate all of the risks, including the possibility that you could lose more than your initial investment.
It’s important to consider your investment objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. If in doubt seek advice from an independent financial advisor.]

Comments

  1. It is really quality & outstanding post. keep it up!

    Latest stock market news and updates on the stockinvestor...buy or sell stock ideas by experts for minute to minute updates...
    Currency Trading

    Stock Trading

    Demat Account

    Share Trading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone , here’s your opportunity for you to achieve your dreams of being a multi million dollar rich through trading , I once loss all I got through trading but was fortunate to come across a woman with great virtue and selfless heart (Doris ) i was introduce to her masterclass strategy while searching online which has revived me of all my losses and made me gain more and more . With her unique strategy you are entitled to daily signals and instant withdraw ,be rest assured of getting a refund of all your loss investment with any platform that has denied you in one way or the other in getting your money . Mrs Doris masterclass strategy is simply the best for beginners and those that are finding it difficult to succeed through trading she’ll help you with just a simple step . Email her ( Dorisashley52@Gmail.com) WhatsApp +1 516 494 0313

      Delete
  2. Great Information! Its looking Nice.Useful for me to develop my knowledge. Thank you!

    You can invest in stocks yourself by buying individual Stocks & Shares or mutual funds,IPOs, or get help investing in stocks by Visit stockinvestor.in
    Online Trading

    Currency Trading

    Demat Account

    ShareTrading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Information! Its looking Nice.....

    You can invest in stocks yourself by buying individual Stocks & Shares or mutual funds,IPOs, or get help investing in stocks by Visit stockinvestor.in
    phillips carbon share price
    shakti pumps share price
    ramco industries
    mahindra amc
    bajaj electricals share price
    kolte patil developers ltd
    sbi insurance
    bsesensex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such a valuable and informative platform I find here.
    wish to learn more about stock market and stock/share market Live Updates from this site (stockinvestor.in)

    lic housing finance share price target
    tata power stock recommendation
    amarraja batteries
    jm financial share
    phillips carbon share price
    balrampur chini mills
    relaxo chappals
    bioscon ltd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone , here’s your opportunity for you to achieve your dreams of being a multi million dollar rich through trading , I once loss all I got through trading but was fortunate to come across a woman with great virtue and selfless heart (Doris ) i was introduce to her masterclass strategy while searching online which has revived me of all my losses and made me gain more and more . With her unique strategy you are entitled to daily signals and instant withdraw ,be rest assured of getting a refund of all your loss investment with any platform that has denied you in one way or the other in getting your money . Mrs Doris masterclass strategy is simply the best for beginners and those that are finding it difficult to succeed through trading she’ll help you with just a simple step . Email her ( Dorisashley52@Gmail.com) WhatsApp +1 516 494 0313

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly contact (paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing trading platform, quick withdrawal I have been using this platform together with the most recommended forex strategy on the internet from Robert and so far i have no complaints making $7000-$15000 on a weekly basis he is great and i am thankful i was lucky enough to have met him via Email Robertseaman939@gmail.com or
    WhatsApp: +44 7466 770724

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $800 and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $12,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services.
    For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @bernie_doran_fx or Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best. how much do stock brokers make

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment